The Greater Edmonton Alliance is an inclusive non-profit, non-partisan, multi-issue organization, whose members are civil society institutions such as: faith institutions, business associations, unions and community groups.
A Greater Edmonton where all citizens:
- participate effectively in the public decision-making process.
- engage in informed, thoughtful and relevant dialogue and action around issues and concerns that shape their lives.
- have the power to negotiate positive social transformation and hold government and market sector leaders accountable to the citizenry.
- are rooted and supported in strong, diverse communities and public institutions.
The Greater Edmonton Alliance:
- seeks out and develops leaders.
- builds power by developing public, accountable relationships with and between individuals, institutions, networks and decision makers.
- listens across it’s membership to identify issues of common concern .
- researches common issues to discover opportunities for action.
- takes disciplined, organized action to build resilient institutions and communities and a more just and equitable Greater Edmonton region.
- engages in ongoing evaluation and reflection.
GEA Values :
- a moderate and collaborative approach to negotiation for the Common Good.
- our personal stories and collective traditions.
- imagination and action toward our preferred future.
- the legacy we leave future generations.
- principles of accountability, sustainability, fairness, dignity and respect.