Public Hearing Part 2 – Friday, November 2,at 9:30 a.m City Hall Council Chambers
This is the process as best we understand it at this time:
– The final panel of speakers will be heard.
– Council may or may not ask questions of citizens in the panel.
– Then questions will likely be asked to Administration (Peter Ohm et al)
– Then the Executive Committee (Councillors Sloan, Leibovici, Diotte, Krushell and Mayor Mandell) will decide what to do next. They could send it back for more work or approve it in principal.
– If they send it to the full City Council, they can then decide it to send it back for more work or approve it (in principle or other).There is no opportunity for presentations or a Public Hearing. If approved, then it will give the green light for the Public Hearings for the Horse Hill (NE) Area Structure Plan in mid-January.
Questions?? Please email us at office@
Farming in the City Guided Bus Tours ~
Live Local and the Greater Edmonton Alliance (GEA) are proud to present the Farming in the City guided bus tour Sunday August 26, 2012. Buy Tickets Now! This will be your chance to tour some of Edmonton’s treasured agricultural lands and meet the farmers who nurture the soils and supply us with their amazing bounty!
Each informative and entertaining 3 hour tour will be led by a guide who will share the history of the northeast food lands. You will have the opportunity to visit a number of producers who will tour you through their farms, allowing you to see, smell, touch and taste the fruits (and veggies) of their labour! Tours depart every 45 min from Northlands SE parking lot.
Don’t miss this unforgettable experience to sample some of the delicious products that thrive in our fertile soils and learn about the future of our urban farms!
C Returns – Now have a Facebook page – C ReturnsGreen.
Could you please go to the Facebook page and “LIKE” us? Write a comment or two if you are inspired, or follow the link to CReturns.com to register for an assessment. If you could also tell you friends (Facebook or otherwise), colleagues, and associates about our green retrofit service, it would be much appreciated. (I don’t know if you have a Facebook page, but apparently, you don’t need to have one to “LIKE” us.)
APRIL 28- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF MOURNING
More than twenty years ago, the Canadian Labour Congress declared April 28 a National Day of Mourning for workers who have been killed, suffer disease or are injured at work. Every year since, communities and union members throughout the world mark the Day of Mourning to remember workers killed and injured on the job, the impact on their friends, colleagues and family members, and to recommit themselves to fighting every day for workplace safety.
PLEASE JOIN US AT GEA STRATEGY TEAM MEETING ON APRIL 28TH AND REMEMBER THE WORKERS WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES OR BEEN INJURED ON THE JOB.